Sunday, January 12, 2014

Good Mail Day!

In my opinion, the only kind of bad mail is no mail at all. Hell, I'd take an overdue parking ticket notice or a flyer from that grocery store I don't go to instead of a cold, empty mailbox. But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, today in the mail I finally received a zine I ordered called "Ladies of Literature"!


This magazine is filled with gorgeous full-color art of prominent and relatively-unknown authors and characters in adult and YA literature. Some of my favorites are in there, including Hazel Levesque (Percy Jackson series), Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) and Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice). It's an absolutely beautiful little book, and I'm half tempted to pop the staples and frame some of my favorites. Too bad the pages are double-sided!

The book also features a few characters that I don't recognize and a few I vaguely remember from books I read ages ago, but luckily there's a table of contents in the back with book titles and authors, so my to-read list has just gotten a little longer.


Crappy webcam shot of Cassie from Animorphs
I ordered this little book from the Ladies of Literature Project site and I plan on sending them a little thank-you note in return. BONUS: Proceeds of the project will be going to charities that promote childhood literacy! Woo hoo! Amazing art and a great cause - what more is there to love? Order your own copy here!




No comments:

Post a Comment